Saturday, June 09, 2007

Backyard Wildlife 6-9-07

Often when I glimpse the backyard there will be a bird on the fountain or on one of the fenceposts. I race for a camera, click the shutter, realize I haven't turned the camera on, turn the camera on, and re-aim at the now vacated perch. But once in awhile the bird is patient enough to wait for me to get my act together.


And here, the camera doesn't seem to realize that the subject is the bird, not the fountain. Moral of the story? Take the camera off "auto focus" when the subject is tiny and black.

If you look close, you'll see that my little friend is now taking a quick bath. You might have to click on this one and enlarge it to actually see much of the bird.

Apparently miffed that there's no soap or towels, he didn't stay long.

Here he is all clean and shiney wondering what this second perch is for.


Oh, and look! What are these wild specimens?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home