Friday, December 16, 2022

Kittens

(It looks like I forgot to post this back in 2012.  It sort of triggers a memory of why I discontinued this blog.  I created a new one about the cats on a different system. Wouldn't you know, I can't recall what that was. . .I think it was more of a personal website than a blog.  I might as well post this now, since I've begun trying to catch up my various blogs.  12/16/22)

(August 2012)  My last post was on the "Southern California Day Tripping" blog.  And in that post I briefly introduced Tinker Bell and Pixie.
Tinker Bell and Pixie are cats that I met at the end of May.  The first time I saw Tinker Bell, I was wondering what Merlyn was barking so animatedly about.  Merlyn is our largest dog, you may recall.

DSC_0001

Early one morning in late May, as I watched Merlyn stand at the white picket fence that keeps him on the patio so he doesn't go excavating in the rest of the yard, I saw a long thin white furry arm reach up toward his snarling face.  Then there was a flash of fur with a pattern that reminded me of a cow (except for the size and the small pointy ears) as, spotting me, it bolted and ducked under the very large bougainvillea bush a few feet away.
My thought was, "Huh.  Maybe there is a cat who would consider befriending the large scary noisy fluff-ball we know and love as 'Merlyn'."  
A few days later; Saturday, I saw it again, under the bougainvillea bush, and with it was a much smaller version in gray and white.

DSC_0005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home