Sunday, October 10, 2010

2010-10-10 Painted Lady

Word has apparently spread in the insect community that we've planted Lantana. Several Skipper and Painted Lady butterflies hang out in them, and I can't seem to stop myself from photographing them--even though for most folks, 'you've seen one, you've seen them all'.
My excuse today though, is that we had to replace my lens that died, coincidentally the last time I was photographing our garden's inhabitants, Sept. 27th. I recall the date because I took the day off to go to a retirement party for 8 of my Huntington Beach Public Library friends. I took several garden shots in the early morning that day. When I got to the party my lens had gone dark and wouldn't focus. That lens had come with the camera which we bought used at Cal's Camera in Costa Mesa quite some time ago. So it seems like this new lens from Best Buy, which is the same brand and zoom length, is better.
Anyway, here are the photos from today:
DSC_0035

DSC_0045-1

DSC_0042-1

DSC_0024-1

DSC_0049-1

DSC_0059-1

DSC_0018-1

(Hee-hee. After posting this, I observed that the last photos the old lens took, the ones I took the morning that I spoke of, Sept. 27th, are posted here--just prior to this post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home